This episode is all. About. GAMER GIRLS in ROMANCE!
Join me and romance authors Vivien Jackson and Tamsin Ley as we chat about all things gaming, our favorite gaming romances, how gaming has become such an integral part of our lives, and reminisce about our best (and worst) times in games like World of Warcraft, Munchkin, D&D, and so many others!
Inside this episode
Not sure this is the podcast for you? Hey, I totally get it. This episode is 90 minutes long, so it’s lengthier than the previous GT Romance podcasts, BUT, it’s a ton of fun, especially for any gamers out there. I can’t provide a full transcript, but here’s a loose topic list to give you an idea of what we chatted about. Don’t forget to check out the recommended books linked below to snag some fan-freaking-tastic gamer romances for your e-reader!
- World of Warcraft, fire mages vs frost
- Dungeons & Dragons (and why not to play with “friendly fire” on when Sue is your teammate!)
- “Meet” Tamsin Ley’s “Rubac” not-merman paladin from WoW’s Cenarian Circle server (screenshot below! Or see him on my Facebook live preview here or on YouTube)
- Star Wars TOR and all its Jedi (does having so many Jedi kill the game’s atmosphere?)
- Bioware & romance in their games
- RL (real life) gaming romances that started in games (Psst! I tell the story of how I met my husband)
- Second Life (life replacement type game)
- WoW movie (and the only good things about it)
- How GraveTells got its name (ever been curious about that? 😉 )
- SimCity BuildIt – the evils of the global marketplace
Mass Effect (and more in-game romance, thanks BioWare!)
- Cyberpunk – what it is and why you may not have heard of it
- The Sims franchise (and how you can force creepy romances)
- Dragon Age
Ultima Online (one of my guest authors was killed by town guards for getting naked. Darn those decency laws!)
- Board games: Escape!, Zombieside, Munchkin (there should totally be an Evil Bunny Munchkin!), Exploding Kittens, Cranium, Gloom (kill your family the fastest!)
- How games affect kids
Connecting friends and family through online games
- How games become part of your real life
- Bonds with fellow gamers
- Women in gaming and how much things have changed
- The LitRPG genre of fiction
- The romance of Farscape & bad guys you sorta like
- And, because it really can’t be said enough: For the Horde!
Recommended books for gamer girls
These are the books we chatted about during the show.
- Loving You Easy by Roni Loren
- The Merman’s Quest by Tamsin Ley (this is a freebie available only to Tamsin’s newsletter subscribers, so sign up here for your free ebook!)
- Wanted & Wired by Vivien Jackson
- Stolen by an Alien by Amanda Milo
- Scorched by Mari Mancusi
- Taking Over Me by Sara Brookes
- The Land: Founding by Aleron Kong
Meet my guests!
Join the discussion
Are you a gamer girl? Or maybe just a fan of Vivien or Tamsin? Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts!